Mashi No Mashi

 

It’s time to look for fabulous gourmet! The top choices of restaurants in Wanchai at Openrice do not satisfy me.  After browsing many pages, Mashi No Mashi pop up. Yup, not many comments but all good. The location is far from my office. Still I visited twice and am very pleased with the super good food prepared on spot.

 


There was a short queue when I visited Mashi No Mashi the first time. I made my purchase at a vending machine outside the venue and was the third ticket to be served. The restaurant is small. The serving capacity is around 10 guests. I could get a seat more than half hour after my arrival. Long. But it worth. Because the wagyu beef rice tasted wonderful.  

 


The cooking staff posed the serving of the wagyu beef rice in a smart manner. The presentation was extraordinary and wow. Apart from 5 slices of wagyu beef, beef and vegetable dices dotted the rice. The wagyu slices were tender and gorgeous. The beefy fragrance stayed in the mouth for long. The intensive egg yolk spilled over the beef and rice. The mixed flavor was so good and unforgettable. The only pity is the serving size was so small.  I was not full at all.  So, I ordered extra portion of noodle at my second visit.

 


It was a rainy day when I visited the second time. Nobody! I was the first guest. I ordered beef tsukemen (沾麵) and added $20 to have extra noodle given the hunger experience last time. It is like a ritual that the cooking man posed smartly when serving the tsukemen. An amusing and pleasant experience!

 


Beef, noodle, vegetable, half egg were served in a big bowl. The soup was in a separate bowl. One dips the noodle into the soup to enjoy the tsukemen. Salty, beefy flavors exploded. Mamamia!  


Shop 1B, G/F, Guardian House, 32 Oi Kwan Road,

Wan Chai, Hong Kong


Comments