Rempah Noodles

 

It was the first free day after finishing a 9-month contract at a governmental department. I did not hang out but queue up at the Probate Registry to check out if it would accept my application. In less than 1.5 hours I could leave and Rempah Noodles spot up on my mind. The Singaporean noodle place is busy all the time. I gave up when I saw a queue as my lunch was limited to an hour. No chance! This time, I arrived at 11.50 am. But there were already 8 people queuing up. Right, let's join the queue.



The exterior of Rempah Noodles looks like a modern cafe. Its clean and chic design attracts attention and admiration. Black and white, a sharp contrast. It is clean and tidy. Staff members are nice.



In 20 minutes, I could get in.  Very lucky! Rempah Noodles menu features only 3 noodles: prawn noodles, nonya laksa 叻沙 and dry laksa. Not a question, my first trial was the nonya laksa. The thick rice vermicelli was served in an aromatic coconut based broth, garnished with prawns, fish cakes shredded chicken, bean curd buff, bean sprouts and herbs.  Wow! It's wonderfully tasted and authentic. Mamamia! So good!  

As getting a seat is always difficult I also ordered the kaya toast. It was crispy. The kaya cream was light and creamy. Best was that it was not sweet. I ate 2 parts and packed the rest two. It remained good after a few hours. The feeling when eating was heavenly. I still remember ......

Address: 18 Hennessy Road, Wanchai. 



Comments