Q1 Vietnamese Bread and Dessert 第一郡


I tried my first crab tomato noodle at Old Street 36 in Wanchai back to a few years ago. Crab meat, Vietnamese sausage and rice vermicelli noodle were served in rich tomato soup. The serving size was huge. It was very delicious which I encored every time and so as my colleagues. Unfortunately, it was closed due to the dire high rent. Big disappointment! I searched for good replacement and am still looking for it. Even, I made my own (here for recipe).

Most webpages refer to Q1 Vietnamese Bread and Dessert 第一郡 when searching for tomato crab noodle. It is a small place in Shamshuipo. One has to queue up to sample the yummy food. The waiting is worthwhile. The tasty food keeps guests coming back again and again.

Well, the signature dish of Q1, crab roe paste tomato soup noodle. The first sip, wow! A big spike of tomato freshness and its unique flavour! Then the special taste of crab paste incorporated into the egg cake. All other ingredients (tofu, pork blood, Vietnamese sausage, herbs) assembled like a symphony. My good heaven! It made me return to try other dishes. 


I bumped into my school friend at my first visit to Q1. She went for the baguette sandwich. This time, my turn to try it. The bread was crispy. Shredded juicy pork mixed with pickles, cucumber, cilantro brought the French sandwich to another level. Refreshing and tasty!


Q1 also serves shakes, mango and avocado. I picked the latter. It was creamy and yum.


The third visit: prawn summer rolls, grill pork lemongrass cold noodle rice vermicelli noodle (Bun), pandan agar agar jelly cake. The prawn rolls were wrapped with leaves. A simple nice serving style. Good taste was expected from the outlook and it delivered.


Grill pork lemongrass cold noodle rice vermicelli noodle was served together with  lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumbers, cilantro, crunchy crushed peanuts and a ready made tangy sweet and sour dressing.  Drool….

A good lunch should end with dessert. The homemade pandan agar agar jelly cake is sold out easily. This time I was lucky to have one. It was unique. The fragrance still lingers when I see the photo.


Last but not the least: vegetable stewed beef brisket served with French baguette. It is only served during the weekend. It was ordered by another guest but I requested to take a photo. It looked fabulous. The size is generous. I will return when it's got colder. For sure!

Address:
G/F, 315 Lai Chi Kok Road, Sham Shui Po

Comments