Pho Viet Authentic Hanoi Cuisine 越發地道河內料理


I visited Vietnam last year again, 12 years after the first business trip. Cities visited include Hoi An, Da Nang, Hue and Hanoi. My friend and I tried nice regional dishes in the different cities.  The most impressive are those in Hanoi. There are different varieties. Fond memories remain. 



In Hong Kong, I search for nice Vietnamese food from time to time. Pho Viet Authentic Hanoi Cuisine is voted as the top 5 Vietnamese Pho in Hong Kong. Go go go!  


Pho Viet is very small, just to serve 16 guests. My first visit was during the pandemic time, around 3pm. So, it was rather empty. I took the Pho Bo Vien, without a second thought.  The broth was very nice. The beef was medium rare. Yup, I took the beef out the broth to keep them medium rare. Best taste! The beef balls were super delicious and super beefy. Love it. And Chinese fritter was served together. One can dip the fritter into the broth. I was happy.


Another time, I arrived at Pho Viet at around 3pm. There was a queue. But it did not allow extra people to get on the queue as the restaurant would be closed at 3.30 for a break.  


I was lucky on a Sunday. The waiting time was just a few minutes. I could try my all time favourite: tomato crab noodle, Bun Rieu Cua. Crab roe was blended to make a foam and added to the cooked soup. The marriage of the salty roe and tomato was superb.  Various guests asked for it today, Saturday. Sorry, it would be available in the evening only. 


Today, I arrived at the restaurant shortly before noon because there would be a long queue.  I opted for port cutlet rice with egg custard, com xuong nuong. It is very special. I was told to crush the egg custard and cut the pork cutlet into small piece. Then mix them with the rice and enjoy with the fish sauce. It was nice experience and taste. Unfortunately, the pork cutlet was overcooked and rough. Half of the cutlet was untouched.


The miss was compensated by the super yummy garlic butter caramelised wings. It was piping hot. Certainly, I could not finish them and took them away. A word: it is best consumed on spot. Microwave is not a good way to reheat the wings.



Comments