Cha Don 港嘢茶檔


I needed to look for the Health Department for an interview. So, I explored the best way to reach it on a Saturday. Afterwards, I visited Kowloon City, a place for good food but I rarely went to. The first attempt is to have a great breakfast at Paradise 樂園. But the price soared to an irrealistic level. Then I wandered here and there without an aim. Ha ha, Cha Don was spot. Its 'gone back to the past feel' got my attention. The magic encountered rewarded a fabulous late breakfast. Yum!


Cha Don's interior decor is impressive. It is like a portal to the past. Old time billboards, neon signs, metallic frames for window, balcony, ceiling fans.....  All brings us back to the 1960s, later or earlier. So nostalgic!


Cha Don advertised much about its toast on its wall. Guests can order it with different fillings. Alternately, we can order tea set which toast will go with scrambled eggs. I took the latter option. The eggs were nice, gooey and smooth. The toast - crisp outside and soft inside.


On the walls hang different menus. One breakfast menu features toast. Another features breakfast sets. Another one features lunch sets. The choices are also offers for the old days with a modern touch. Just I forgot to take a photo.  I will visit it another time.

















22 Hau Wong Road, Kowloon City


Comments