Yokokawa Japanese Cuisine 沃川自家料理


Last year I subscribed a Prudential's insurance plan.  It works in a way that I put a lump sum money each year.  After five years of payment and wait another five years, I will have a lump sum of money each year until I die.   This year Prudential sponsored Hacken Lee Concert 李克勤演唱會.   My agent told me I could have two free tickets.  It accounts for why I write about Yokukawa Japanese Cuisine as Tsim Sha Tsui East 尖沙咀東 is the closest area to the Hong Kong Coliseum 香港體育館 (紅館) for snacks or dinner prior to the start of the concert.


I found Yokukawa at Open Rice. It is located at the South Sea Centre 南洋中心, on the first floor.  The floor was quite empty but not the restaurant. Fortunately, I booked two seats.  Our first order was grilled ox tongue. It was very nice and fresh. My sister loved it and still recalls it from time to time.


All dishes were served quite quick as most of the guests will attend the concert which started at 8.15 pm. The grilled miso tofu was special and delicious.  It was recommended by one of the waitresses. She was keen to know our feedback.


The next cooked dish was bitter melon and pumpkin tempura. They was good but pricey.  $12 each piece plus 10% service charge.

To end the meal and rush to the Coliseum, we had 4 different sushi: sea urchin 海膽, flounder 左口魚, prawn and swordfish 劍魚.  All were excellent!




Yokukawa provides a few VIP rooms. They were filled up when we visited.  No wonder some celebrities (e.g. 袁詠儀張智霖) are frequent customers.  They won't be discovered easily by reporters.

Comments

Popular Posts