Thai Gourmet 泰好食


Thai Gourmet was a random find after I have been working in Wanchai for more than 1.5 years.  My colleagues normally go lunch in four and prefer decent places. I bumped into Thai Gourmet when I was near Amoy Street.  It is tiny.  There a few tables only.  A guy stood at the front next to the cashier. Two ladies served the food and drinks. Four choices of food were on the menu. With a drink, it cost only HK$55. And the taste was good. You can't compare with fine dining or higher class Thai food in terms of the ambience.  But food alone was good.


 
My first order was a noodle filled with 4 kinds of meat, fish ball, etc.  Very much food! One can choose the soup base: clear, coconut chicken or Tom Yam.  Very nice!


My second visit was on my birthday.  I needed to picked up my Chinese herbal tea and rush to Tsim Sha Tsui for Thai massage.  The natural choice was Thai food.   I ordered a noodle with cuttlefish ball and pork neck.  Without drink, the bill was HK$48. I did not want to eat so much prior to the massage.


My third take, pork neck with vegetable and rice.  The meat was tender and juicy.  Yes, I often come alone.  It is much easier to get a seat.   My colleagues would not like to wait and squeeze in. The air condition is not strong.


My latest: green curry chicken rice.  As long as I am working in Wanchai, I will find time to eat here again. Perhaps in the evening as well.


Comments