Hung Tung Dumplings 亨通餃子店


I passed by this little shop in Yaumatei a few times.  It says it's from Harbin which I never heard of dumplings from Harbin. A feeling of trying its dumplings or other dishes stuck my mind.  But every time I had no hunger and did not eat.  Until another day, I took my first trial and it was satisfactory. Oh, I mean good!


A bit background of the Hung Tung Dumpling Shop: the owner was a woman from Harbin.  She studied about noodle and snacks during the eighties and got very good results.  She moved to Hong Kong in 2001.  Later on, her brother and sister in law also moved to Hong Kong. Then they opened this little dumpling shop and it had been standing there and welcome by guests.


I took dumplings.  There were eight for a portion.  The vegetable and meat inside were fresh and juicy. Yum! I had a big appetite and took a bean cake.  It was cook on spot and tasted lovely.



Because I did not know how often I could be there and would like to show more dishes at this blog, I also took a photo of another guest's dumplings noodle in soup. It looked nice and I ordered it another time.


A guest passed by and ordered take away of spring onion pancake.  He said it was very good but he had to attend a dining appointment.  So, he took the chance to take this pancake and still would not feel so full.  He was very generous to give me a portion to try.  It was really good.



Then came my second, third and so on visit.  I tried different dishes such as pork rib noodle, beef cake and my own spring onion pancake. Indeed I prefer the dumplings more.




Hung Tung dumpling shop 亨通餃子店 is always filled with somebody, not necessarily full house. Guests came again and again. One even painted this little shop. The painting was hung in the shop, the one you see at the top of this article. Apart from the painting, I was also impressed by its Hello Kitty calculator.  Ha Ha.


Wanna try?  Here is the address: 406 Hamilton Street, Yaumatei, Kowloon.

Comments