Hang Zhou Restaurant 杭州酒家


Hang Zhou Restaurant 杭州酒家 is one of my all time favourite.  A friend brought me there years ago.  From then on I visited Hang Zhou Restaurant from time to time, particularly I am working in the area, Wanchai. My last two visits were dinner with Daniel at one time and Carmen and Eva the other time.   All of us were pleased with the food.   The ladies said that it was a superb recommendation.


One of the renowned dishes from Hangzhou is fish ball.  It melts in mouth.   Legend said that the Qin Emperor did not like fish with bones. His chef removed all the bones. The texture is Q.   We thought that it might mixed with tofu.  But information / recipe at internet does not contain tofu.   It's almost my default dish if I have Hang Zhou food.  Here in Hang Zhou Restaurant, you can choose between cooking fish ball with vegetable and shrimps (from river instead of the sea) or fish ball with a special vegetable in soup.  I love both.



Shanghai and Hangzhou cuisines are very similar.   Shanghai dishes are more oily.  Both of them serve choices of appetisers and are  no different for me.   We ordered Fried Bean Curd Sheet and Braised Gluten with Fungus bamboo shoot.


Another typical dish is Dongpo pork.  It is cooked for a long time.  The texture is very tender and a bit sweet.  The fat and the meat melt into the mouth.  It was accompanied with white bread.  So delicious!  



Other main dishes such as sweet vinegar pork ribs and sauteed mutton with shallots are mouth watering.   All dishes cleaned up.


To mark the end of the dinner, dessert!  The tangyuan was so so.  We like to osmanthus dumplings, very fragrant and yummy!

Comments