Haven

31 May 2016


A good friend called in the morning and requested to have truffle lunch at Haven.  She roughly wrote me the restaurant and address.  Then she disappeared and dived in her busy work.  I arrived at Haven around 1 pm. It tucked away from the hustle Tai Yuen Street (nicked name toy street).  A humble entrance appeared in front of me.

I had no clue on what to eat. Then a waitress told me my friend has already reserved truffle dinner.  The choice of dishes was superb. All were with truffle.


The bread served was nice and had its own character.  Truffle, squid ink?  Yes, it's black.  The first dish was truffle scrambled egg.  Irresistible!  We ate slowly and did not want to finish the food quickly. Big pieces of truffle!  The fragrance!  Heavenly!



The truffle pasta was a simple dish but very delicious.  It was gone quickly and the dish became empty.  


Oh, the beef cubes were superb!  All tendon removed.  The meat was soft and juice.   Very very nice! It was my most favourite among all dishes.  For dessert, we were offered 6 choices.  My friend and I opt for apple crumble.  It has a lot of apple and the top was sprinkled with optimal amount of crumbs. Hot and soothing!



The menu was meant for dinner.  It's a bit expensive as lunch but really worth it.

I came for lunch on another day, without reservation.  It's full on Friday.  We sat downstairs this time. Unanimously we three picked slow cooked pork.  Again, very impressive.  Beans, pork, bacon, mashed potato and sprinkled nuts,  What a nice combination!  And no 10% extra charge for lunch set. Dessert charged with extra $30.


7 July 2016
Another occasion for lunch!   Sumptuous meal again.





3 Nov 2016





Tuna tartar was not my favourite.  The rest were all excellent.  My favourite was the duck breast in berries sauce.  Heavenly good!  It was a very nice evening with Soo back from the UK.  



Comments