Mount Hallasan BBQ



Very rarely that I could have a whole Saturday just for leisure activities.  But I had this time.   My activity area was in Causeway Bay, to shop stuff that I rarely look for or I did not want to queue up for.  In between, I randomly went to this place for new trial.  And it was good.  My previous plan was to dine upstairs of the same building, to revisit a sushi place with sumptuous fish.  But the price hiked up HK$200 and above.  So, I looked for another restaurant within the same building.  Mount Hallashan opened newly.  And the price looked good, valued offer.
Mount Hallasan BBQ is a Korean restaurant. It is the first to offer Jeju Island specialties. Jeju Island is off the Korean mainland and famous for its Black Iberian pork. Jeju pigs are raised with grass solely, grow with clean water and fresh air. So the meat is claimed to be amongst the juiciest and tastiest in the country.  

For lunch I opt for cooked food instead of BBQ.   It was quite easy.  I would like pork and something stuff. So, the easy choice will be this slow cooked pork with rice wrapped in egg.  It was good.  Very tender and tasty pork.  The egg was soft, not rough at all.  The rice inside was mixed with tomato sauce.  And the portion of the Kimchi was huge.  Very good value and impression.  As it was new, drink was free though it was written on the menu that it cost extra.   So I paid a bit more than 60 and was satisfied.  Next time, I will try the BBQ lunch.




Another day I was sitting in a traffic jam for more than an hour, Slept and woke up.  I was starving when it finally reached Tsim Shai Tsui.   By chance, I passed by Hallasan's Branch in the area.  No second thought, I hopped into the restaurant.  The choice this time was BBQ.   The beef was supreme. The appetizer was amazing, fresh and abundant.   I was eating and eating for a very long time.  Each bite was enjoyable.



The BBQ came first with the egg cooked in the trench of the BBQ grill.   It was in a fashion but I was not a fan.   It's a bit old and rough.   I enjoyed the appetizer more, many choices of fresh vegetables and marinated onion rings.  So refreshing and delighted.





Comments