Shihlin Restaurant 士林棧


I was planning to the Christmas market held at the Olympia City.  Naturally I would like to explore good food nearby.  My aim is something local, independent and not a big chain.   I spot this 士林棧 from the Open Rice and it turned out to be good. Thereafter I still patronized twice.  One is making a special trip from Mongkok. Another time is after voluntary work at an elderly home.  Food is superb!  It never disappoints.


I took the pork chop with vegetable rice during my first visit.   For drink, it's bubble tea, a typical drink in Taiwanese restaurants. It was featured on a paper lying on the table. It was said it's equivalent to the ranking of Wagyu beef.  So, why not!  It looked a bit dry but did not taste dry.


I took the ancient flavour beef with vegetable rice at my second visit.  3 different parts of beef were served.  Tender and almost needed no chewing.   Very nice texture and flavour!


My recent visit, I tried the ancient flavour beef noodle.  Again, impressed!



Shop 1A, G/F., 2-20 Palm Street, Tai Kok Tsui
大角咀棕樹街2-20號地下1A舖

Comments