雪山茶餐廳 Ice Mountain Cafe


I needed to collect three watches in Shamshuipo after repair.   My Tissot bought in 1991 could not tell the right time.  Hours and days stayed in the past, a few days behind.   The other two are vintage and stopped running.   Mr Ng (red checker shirt)  of Sang Kee Watch Co. is the experienced watch repairer who saved my precious watches.  He is also a story teller.



Shamshuipo is a rare area that I visit.  So, I took a chance to explore restaurants.  I picked an old Hong Kong styled tea restaurant, Ice Mountain Cafe 雪山茶餐廳, dated 1970s.  Inside is a faded interier: old floor tile, mirror, tables and chairs.  It brought you back to the old days, recalling memory, good ones.

 


In the old days, menu was tucked under glass table.  Exactly!  The background of my coffee is the menu of all items with price.


I ordered a tea set: French Toast with coffee.  Unbelievably, it cost HKD23 only.  I will not use superb adjectives to describe the food but GOOD. Most other similar restuarants charge you for HKD30.   The restaurant offered HKD30 for main course (rice with meat dishes or others) plus a drink.  Unbeatable.


The good thing is guests have a very long-time relationship with the staff there.  They teased, joked which added a warm feeling when dining there, to me a new customer.  I heard that the restaurant owner was negotiating the rental renewal with the landlord the rent will go up significantly, the owner will close down the restaurant. So, be there early if you wish to before it's too late.

62D Castle Peak Road, Sham Shui Po
深水埗青山道62D號地下

Comments