陳六記


It is another old restaurant in Sheung Shui - 陳六記. I ate there twice and were very happy with the food.  How did I know this restaurant?  It was a snapshot shown in a bus.   I hardly noticed the name and it was very old.  As I visited my herbalist in Sheung Shui, I could have a trial there.  I liked it and it took me there again.  The first trial was the most frequently featured five-layer charcoal pork belly.  It was excellent.  The skin was crispy.  Crisp sound in the mouth!




Apart from the charcoal pork belly, 陳六記 offers a lot of choices and they are very good value. And they cost between HKD42 and 48.  All served with soup.  Fried noodle, fried rice or congee offer extra drink.  Today, I had curry beef brisket fried noodle.   It was outstanding.  The bottom of the noodle was crunchy.  The assimilation with the curry sauce into the noodle made the eating a big joy.  The beef brisket was soft but a hint of chewy remained.  Sooo good!


The restaurant started in the 50s.  The owner was from Shunde.   The venue looks old but some dishes are innovative.  For example, mud carp was served like Teppanyaki and won the appreciation from its guests. Guests are predominantly male during the lunch hours.  Most of them ordered one to three beers.  Ha ha!


4 Tsun Fu Street, Sheung Shui
上水巡撫街4號
2670 0492

Comments