廣成冰室


I have been coughing for a long long time. Rounds of western doctor visit, coughing syrup but in vain.  So, I headed to Sheung Shui to visit a herbalist that I haven't visited for some years.  The diagnose was I over worked and have got too many blood stasis in my body.   Cupping dragged on my back.  So painful!!!  Purple patches on the back and gradually changed to dark grey.  After two consultations, I felt better.


Sheung Shui is an area that I seldom visit.  So, it is also good to explore restaurants.  As it is an old district, I aimed for restaurants dated for years.   Kwong Shing Ice Cafe (廣成冰室) was established in 1962.  The owner insists to keep the original taste for years.  Food choices are limited but quality is high.  One has to queue up and wait for the food patiently.  It worths the waiting.



The beef of the macaroni was fresh and soft.  I like especially the egg sandwich.  It's soft and a bit runny.  Yum!  The milk tea was intensive and creamy.  It cost HK$32.  A good deal!


Other popular food are: red bean ice drink and pineapple bun with butter.  Mouthwatering!  


Address: 10 Sun Shing Road, Sheung Shui
Hours: 06.30 - 17.30

Comments