漁県市場

21 Jan 2015


I revisited  漁県市場 two days ago.  Unfortunately it was not as good as the first visit.  The first bite into the salmon sushi, the rice was not nice, a bit hard.  The sea urchin was fishy and not so fresh.  Disappointed!


10 Sep 2014

漁県市場 was an accidential find. It is located at Portland Street, nearby Prince Edward.   I saw this small sashimi and sushi shop after eating dumplings and noodle.  So, I reserved it for some time.


I needed to buy seeds to preparing the new season.  Well, summer was not a good season to expect rocket salad.  And herbs did not grow well.  Luckily, a few seedlings of dill emerged.   As the flower market is nearby, I looked for this sushi shop before the shopping and belated dinner with Fanny.  I could not try a lot of them but a few to determine if it's worthwhile to re-visit.


6 pieces of sushi cost HK$40 only.   My beloved jumbo scallop cost HK$12, Olive Flounder 左口魚裙邊 HK$10, White Cockle 馬刀貝 HK$5, Sea Shrimp and Tuna both cost HK$5 and salmon HK$3.  All were good.  Of course, I didn't expect the same quality in a restaurant.   It was really fine.  Just discovered I missed out Sea Urchin.  Oh, next time.

 

It is a self-serve bistro. The sad thing was plastic box and wooden chopsticks were used even it was dining inhouse.  It's bad to the environment.   It is tiny but seems equipped with everything: various types of sake, different soy sauces pairing the correct food.  And it has got fresh oysters at market price, not cheaper. Cooked food like tempura, deep fried oyster, Korean styled dumpling, chicken wing and assorted sashimi rice are available by order.  Shashimi can be ordered by pound or slices.

Address: 400 Portland Street, Mongkok (near Prince Edward)
Phone: 2396 9155

Comments