Tung Kei, 通記


I was searching for TV and ended up in Mongkok as there are upstairs stores selling TV at cheaper prices than retail stores.  For my 40' TV, I saved a few hundred dollars.  Almost 8pm, I must and should eat something small, to fill the stomach and not to get too much weight.  Recent research took me to Tung Kei 通記 for its noodle.   The mixed cuttlefish and beef balls impressed me a lot.   Springing texture and juicy beef balls, superb!   The spring union and Tung Choi made the noodle soup outstanding.   Good trial and cost HKD30 only. Super!

The other visit was on a summer Friday, in search for fans as gifts for friends in Europe. The pig knuckle and pork neck were highly recommended.   Soft and tender knuckle with great taste, a result of slow cooking.   Pork neck was lean and meaty.  A wonderful lunch.

For sure, I'll return for the many choices awaiting.  Simple and good food.   For people with bigger appetite: opt for rice but one kind of food.  Only noodle allows mixed options.
89 Tung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong


Comments