Marugame, 丸龜製麵


A quick lunch in a hurry.   I-square......  it's not easy to find a cheap restaurant.   There are 30 restaurants, about half normal and the rest fine dining.  Level 6 & 7 are some restaurants with acceptable prices.  This time I hopped in Marugame 丸龜製麵.  It was shortly after 1pm.  A long queue but moving fairly quick.  And I paid less than HKD50 for a beef noodle (small) and onsen egg.


The first bite I took the udon only.  Wow, the flavor of the soup all permeated into the udon.   Soy based taste woke up the taste bud.  It's not so strong but won a smile from me.   For this price, it's valued of money.


The onsen egg.....   If I haven't tasted the one by Butao Ramen, I would have given it a 'very like'.  This one is from the fridge.  Prepared in advance and lack of sincerity.  The one from Butao Ramen is warm and the soy and mixed flavours really soul comforting.
Beware of the way to get out the best taste of the udon.   Add a lot of scallions, pick deep fried garlic and tempura batter to the soup.  Yummy!  My small noodle and egg could keep me for a few hours.  If you are a big eater, consider to order the tempura and inari as well.




Shop 609, 6/F, i-Square, 63 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui

Comments