Delicious Dumpling Shop, 美味餃子店


I finally could visit this dumpling shop.  As its name, 'Delicious Dumplings', the dumplings were delicious.  You may wonder why I put upfront the chili sauce instead of the dumplings.   Because it's so special and exceedingly welcome.   Apart from chili, black beans and tung choi are also used.  It is not excessively hot.  Even I could eat.   One of the guests at the same table ate the majority of the Chili sauce in the jar.  It was filled before we started to eat but became empty before we finished.   She said that she tried but could not blend such a wonderful sauce.


I recommend this shop because the food was tasty and the nostalgic atmosphere.  Immediately I asked what the soup was as it was so different from the other dumpling soup.   Wow, it's long hour cooking of 野葛菜, pork bone and fish.   One of the staff told me the special ingredients.   Another guest told me that a small bowl costs HKD18 but free with the dumplings.  10 pieces with two different flavours costs HKD35.  Good price and excellent dumplings.   They are quite light, without msg since I did not feel thirsty but after a long while. 
We were 3 women at the table, not knowing each other.   It seems that the other two come here often.  They started to talk about the chili sauce, enjoyed it so much.  I smiled and nodded.



It is a small shop, very local and not grand at all. Two waitress were serving and two other women including the owner were wrapping the dumplings all the time.   I like the taste and the feel of the neighbourhood. Yes, I will come back.  Ah, it is closed on Sunday.   Be sure to come on the right day.

2 July 2015
I passed by the eatery and found that the menu has changed.  Oh, it is now another different dumpling place. Later on I was in Lai Chi Kok I passed by a dumpling restaurant also served with  野葛菜. Oh, it is the branch of .  What a coincidence!  The main shop has moved to Tai Nan Street.


G/F 74 Tai Nan Street
Prince Edward
太子大南街74號地下

Comments