Vi Cool


My colleague, Elizabeth, brought me to this little gem, Vi Cool, managed by Sergi Arola.  It's quite a nice venue both for good and chat. I am not familiar with Spanish food though I spent two weeks there years ago.  My memory was raw paella and potato omelets.  The places are more impressive: Prado, Toledo, Segovia, Barcelona,  Granada, Cordoba, etc.

Back to the restaurant.  We came here for lunch on a weekday.  No brain choice as the set lunch menu.  Option of pica picas & main course cost $108.  Beef burger or Coca instead of main course cost $128.  It was a good way to sample the tapas and Spanish dishes.  Why not?

 
For tapas we took smoked eggplant and red pepper with anchovies and white bean soup with parsley oil and mojo picon. I prefer the eggplant to the soup.  It's got more flavours.

I like particularly the coca.  It is Catalan style bread, like Italian pizza.  Toppings were spinach and blue cheese.  Very nice and appealing. 

The main course was shrimp, squid and tomato bomba rice.  It's rice in soup, similar to Cantonese style but mixed with herbs and presented in a western way.


The restaurant is quite new but featured in a few magazines and websites.  I am particularly impressed by the article in Sassy and would like to try a lot more of its dishes.  For those tapa fans, you can have a glance of choices features in Discovery.  Bon appetite!

Shop 2102, Gateway Arcade,
Harbour City, Canton Road,
Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel: 2735 7787

Comments