Cafe de Joy 歡樂茶餐廳



Another trial of Chinese herbalist to cure my eternal coughing.  The clinic is located in To Kwa Wan, a place I seldom go to.  On the way to the destination, I asked the taxi driver recommendation of good restaurant.  Nothing fancy, just normal day to day food.  Normally taxi drivers know the good ones.  He could not remember the name, but the location.  We passed by the street and he showed me the direction.  Stressed twice, those around are not good.


The place is small and all tables were full.  A good sign for wonderful food.  Yup, never a single table for my own.  Never mind!  For HK$36, one can opt for a quick menu or stir fry dishes.  Serving together were a soup (Chinese or Western) and a drink.  I picked the borscht.  Yummy!  Only the beef was a bit rough.  For the main, morning glory and beef stir fry in shrimp paste.  It smell good once it was served on my table.  Strong and fragrant shrimp paste, tender beef.  Delicious!

Other choices on the day included eggplant deep fried grouper, bitter melon fish fillet fry noodle, olive paste green beans pork......


Where? 
G/F 24-26 San Ma Tau Street, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon. 土瓜灣新碼頭街24-26號地下
Tel: 2333 8086


Comments