Shanxi Noodle 山西刀削麵

Mar 2016

I revisited Shanxi Noodle from time to time. Visit last year was July.  I went there again yesterday.   Ha, I could not find it at the beginning. It changed a lot!!! The front becomes much more modern. Glass door only without big advertising of its own and the menu but plain modern look.  Ha, a Chinese noodle shop with extra investment to look modern.   Interesting!




More interesting is now the ordering was undertaken by mobile. Waiters and waitresses take order with a few buttons on their hands. Then the ordering is done.   It is beyond my imagination.  Not sure if it is a kind of delight or surprise.   I wanna say the noodle was good.  Al dente noodle by shredding the stripes direct from the dough.  While I am writing I am thinking if I should eat there again tomorrow.  And my choice will be pork soft bone.  Ha ha!

Dec 2012

Need to buy frozen meat and cake ingredients in Tsuen Wan.  My sister suggested Shanxi Noodle 山西刀削麵 in Tsuen Wan  荃灣 for lunch.  It was recommended in one of the gourmet shows in TVB.  This can be searched quite easily.  OK, let's try.


It's crowded.  Luckily waiting for a seat did not take long.  I ordered a simple beef noodle.  It is the shank cooked for a long time.  When I picked it up with chopsticks, it fell apart easily.  You can imagine how tender it was.  Nice taste!  刀削麵 is totally away from machine and it's unique.  After the dough is ready, a master noodle chef shaves the noodle one by one in a quick motion.  The noodle will fall into the soup directly once it is detached from the dough.  It's like a show.  The noodle has certain thickness, al dente and smooth.  Soup with the spring onion was very nice too. 


It's tempting to order more.  But I knew my stomach could not take that much.  Leave it for next time.  I will certainly come back. 



Menu is offered.  $33 for one choice of food with noodle and and a glass of soy milk.  $3 more for another kind of food such as beef, dumpling, chicken wings, pig intestine, etc.  If you go for the dump spicy one, add $6.

27 Apr 2013

Today I visited again the noodle shop, closed to 3 pm.  There was still a queue.  Fortunately, not a long waiting time.  Less than 5 minutes.  It only 4 months after then the last visit.  Price has increased around 6%.  Now a bowl of noodle with one choice of food costs $35.  The soup was good.  Intestine was a bit fat as expected.  Overall, the experience is still very good.

One noodle surely makes one full.  These dumpling are not mine. 



July 2015

I had another meal at this noodle shop. One choice of food is now HK$40 and two HK$43 as set menu.  I saw a branch at Tsuen Hing Path.


Comments