agnès b. le pain grillé, Cubus



28th July 2012

Next day of my birthday Soo brought me to agnès b. Cubus in Causeway Bay.  The interior is warm and welcoming.  Servers are very attentive.  Cuisine is European with a modern twist.  Yet, it does not disconnect from its French origin.  A big plate with Spacious with calm ambience in the night.  The food at this location was nicer than the la Loggia at ifc.  If I would give a like, I will cast for agnès b. Cubus.

The restaurant was not full on a Saturday night, good for diners but not for the restaurant.  Perhaps, it is still new and not well known.  But the food was great.


Welcome snacks were apple jelly and fish paste.  The previous was fresh with interesting texture.  The latter was normal and a bit fishy.

I ordered beef tartare as my appertizer.  A tasting portion was offered to check out my liking.  Very customer oriented.  And the taste was perfect to my palate.  No extra pepper required.



Soo had baked oysters as her appertizers.  Looked yummy!  Mine is beef tartare with spicy tomato, olive and avocado paste.  Different mixes with the beef.  Wonderful!


We had homemade truffle pasta and duck confit a the main courses.  The pasta was fresh and al dente.  My duck confit was deboned.  Strong taste lingered for a long while.  Sips of Rosè..... Oh mamamia!



agnès b. desserts never disappoint.  I was totally impressed by the nutty chocolate fondant and the crunchy caramel.  Perfect twins.  Soo had a pear custard tart.



Lastly, a feel of the restaurant and the view outside .......



15/F Cubus, 1 Hoi Ping Road, Causeway Bay
2577 2718

Comments