Sher-E-Punjab

It came to Friday, longing to go home to try cooking Rosé coq au vin, but no chance.  Worked till 8pm.  No chance to get on a taxi to go home quick.  So, a alone dinner outside.  Initially I wished to have German food at the Holiday Inn Delicatessen.  But it's expensive and strange to be alone in a decent eatery whilst all tables are friends' gathering.  So I opted to try Indian food at Chung King Mansion, sort of fast food but decent and delicious.


I got to Sher-E-Punjab and had a table alone by 8.30pm.  My key purpose is Naan, second to German bread along my list for good bread.  Perhaps, it's because of the prefect match to Indian curry, though not everyday food.  I wish to eat it some time.



Quickly I ordered Mutton Korma along with a Naan. Less than 10 minutes I could enjoy the sumptuous food.  Mutton was tender and delicious.  Naan.... it's better at khyber passe 7E 咖哩王.  Well, no harm!  Naan is always good with the rich sauced food.  I like it, mean the food here.  And I paid only HK$55.  Good value!  Sorry that I can't eat more to show excellent photos to lure your appetite.




There came more and more people.  Extra chairs of my table taken to serve the increasing guests.  What's implied?  This restaurant is popular with Indian.  So, it must be authentic and good.  Good choice and luck!  My table was immediately taken by other Indian guests once I stood up.  Good business!





I went around a bit the same floor, 1st floor.  The other restaurants were not as full as the Sher-E-Punjab.  A bonus is I got Indian chai at the only grocery Indian shop in the mall.  It is a comfort to compensate the crave for spiced Indian chai and a recall of the memory back in 2003, a 3 weeks' trip in Rajasthan.

Comments