Khyber Passe 7E 咖哩王

Bhini Masala
It's my second time to Khyber Passe at Chung King Mansion in Tsim Sha Tsui.  The building is renowned for cheap guest house, money changers and Indian restaurants.  Visit to Chung King Mansion dated back to 1990s when my German colleague Joerg took me to another restaurant on 9th floor.  I am not scared of the place, perhaps because I was in India for a 3-week's trip. 

First time to Khyber Passe with an Indian colleague, Anshu.  The taste is authentic.  We both liked it, hoping to return together but he has gone back to India.  Second time is a gathering with 2 long lost friends, now a couple.  We all liked the food.  Wonderful cooking is endorsed by the non-stop food guests.  One group's gone the table is filled with another group of food lovers.

First came the mixed Tandoori.  Fish, chicken and minced meat.  Spices and flavours!  Sizzling food, expectations, excitement all mingled in heart, month and stomach.  With chats, laughter, what can be better?  I can only say, satisfaction and happiness.



Curry prawns mixed with turmeric rice, superb! Nan and garlic nan are irresistible!


Vegetable dishes are wonderful.  Rich Aloo Gobhi, potato and cauliflower curry.  Among all, I liked best the Bhindi Marsala, Okra with spices and Marsala, gorgeous.  This is a repeat of my first visit.  Yummy!

Comments