Hunan Garden, Causeway Bay


My colleague from the States loves spicy food.  Hunan, Szechuan, Yunnan cuisine, wasabi are his favourite.  But I guessed he would also like bean paste fish fillet.  So, Hunan Garden was our destination.


We picked five dishes.  Cold appetizer was blanched pork in garlic soy dressing.  Pork wass sliced very thin, almost like a transparent sheet.  Lean and fat, meaty and tender.  A perfect match with the garlic favoured soy sauce.  Very good!  Sort of the best I ever had.

Prawn was my favourite dish of the night.  Big prawns, sweet and spicy.  It's like a symphony of life, full of difficulties (spice) but sweet.  The chewing, tasting and swallowing of the lovely flesh, oh my Lord.

Two other dishes are bean paste fish fillet, very good, and cabbage which is OK.


Who is not attracted by the spicy beef?  It looks like a hell of super hot peppers, full of blood, life and risk.  A person like me not eating much spice comments it as very good.  The beef was tender.  Anyone can certainly eat more.  But I took 2 pieces only.  Why?  The spice does no good to my health.  Acne will appear soon.

We had good time, good food.  So good!

This branch of Hunan Garden is much better than it's Central branch.  Look for 13th floor at Times Square.  A call to reserve will safeguard a table, at least on Friday.

Comments