Hop Fat Restaurant 大圍合發

My brother recommended the soy sauce fried noodle from Hop Fat Restaurant in Tai Wai a few times.  As I had my hair cut in the district this afternoon, let's be adventurous.  The restaurant was quite full when I got in.  Most tables had hot pot.  No wonder, the soup base is cheap, HK$35.  Choose one from four choices.  If you opt for super spicy one, just HK$10 more.  Food for the hot pot ranges from HK$15 to HK$65.  The most expensive one is fresh beef.  Portion of the dishes are big, a glance when they were passing by.

The restaurant looks quite chaotic, in eyes of non-locals.  Chinese are fine to eat in almost all kinds of situations.  A virtue, I will say, very adaptative to suit different environments.

Of course, I ordered the soy sauce fried noodle, the reason I came for.  It was delicious. Hot rising smoke, the right salty favour, fine noodle.  Wow, I could have finished it alone.  But considered that a congee was on the way and the additional kilo on the hip, I refrained from putting it all in my stomach.  Self-control  :) 


My congee, cooked to perfect consistency.  Champion Porridge  及第粥.  What is there?  Pork and internal organs like liver, intestine.  A bit scary for non-Chinese but it's absolutely normal for us.  They were cooked well but tender .  Me, very happy and satisfied.  It cost HK$50.  A good deal.  Half of the fried noodles was taken home.  Wanna go?   It is at 28-30 Chik Chuen Street, Tai Wai.  Opening hours: 6pm to 4am.  Don't go during the daytime.  Enjoy!

弟弟推介過幾次大圍合發的豉油皇炒麵,出場時果然不負所望,熱氣化輕煙隨隨上升,口中是麵香、芽菜的爽和豉油的極緻混合,正! 及第粥煮得綿滑,瘦肉片和內臟很好味。店內大部分客人 都在吃火窩,湯底只不過35元,火窩料由15至65不等,待集合一些朋友......

地址:大圍積存街28-30号    
營業時間: 下午六時至零晨四時

Comments