Uohachi 魚八日本料理


I was twice eating at Uohachi 魚八日本料理 which was totally unknown to me in the previous time. The first time was with Emily.  We were looking for a restaurant for lunch.  A ramen noodle shop nearby was full, with a long queue. From outside, Uohachi looked empty.  When we stepped in we were told that seats were available on the ground floor only.  OK, let's try.

We ordered dishes available on the lunch menu: pork ramen noodle and pork rice. The food tasted authentic Japanese. Like it! A mini dessert was served at the end of the meal. While we were waiting, we noticed that Uohachi won a prize of 'long lasting genuine restaurant' in 2016.  Oh good!




I took a quick look of the review about Uohachi.  Majority is positive. It is kind of small restaurant for small groups of friend chitchatting.  Price is friendly.

A few days ago, I paid my second visit, alone.  The same waiter.  I also sat downstairs.  Whenever the door was opened, hot air permeated inside. It does not diminish the appeal of the food.  When I saw sea urchin on the lunch menu, it's a no brain decision to order the sea urchin and scallop 4-colour sashimi rice.  It was very good!  No regret though it was 25% more expensive than the dishes priced at the next lower level.  I was happy.


Comments